Print Page   |   Contact Us   |   Sign In   |   Apply for Membership
Community Search
General Discussion
Group Home Group Home Group Pages
Moderator(s):
Page 1 of 1
Forum Actions

Topics   Replies Author Latest Post
SAIMechE Zululand Branch 2 V. Rimbault Vaughan,I was privileged to have interacted with you during your tenure as a KZN branch official. Your departure to take up the position of CEO was a great loss for us although a win for the institution. I feel it was through your caliber that the institution decided to create this position of which you were the maiden occupant. Anyway, I wonder why this took this long. I was a regular attendee to the SAIMechE events at Natal Technikon then later at Blue Waters Hotel and now at UKZN. It was very inconvenient as most activities took place on Monday afternoons. Having to drive there and back, plus leaving work early which was not always welcomed by managers who saw no benefits in this.Notwithstanding the above, I still feel very much strongly about the establishment of the local branch even though I have relocated to Mpumalanga Province. Also, not everybody has access or visit this site regularly. May be you must consider posting this on the Mechanical Engineer journal.All the best.Nhamo Zondo, Pr Tech Eng
by N. Zondo, Pr Tech Eng, GCC (Factories), MBA
Monday, 26 February 2018
Feedback from technical presentation 23 April 2012 0 V. Rimbault G’day VaughanAs mentioned I had direct discussion with the representatives of Clear Fuel Technologies(CFT) during the lighting break and wished topass details to the meeting members.The two items that were discussed and need ongoing follow-up are as follows:-1-Establishment of Diesel engine performance with Algae-X kit fitted.CFT estimated that the reduction in fuel consumption/increased performance was of the order of 3% when the kit was fitted.Tests have been conductedon the same engine with power measured in initial mode(power down) and then after fitment of the device. Emissions were also monitored and particulates were measured-test reports were accredited.The reports will be made available.2-Problematic use of Biofuels as a mix in Diesel.Allowable Biodiesel to be added to Diesel is 5% - however none of the oil majors are known to be blending commercially available fuel. The cases of power loss/ heavy sooting as treated by CFT seem to be small operations often in off-road vehicles.The relevant standard for the Biodiesel is SANS 1935 and for the blended Diesel SANS 342 and it is proposed that compliance is confirmed to these standards where problems arose.Incidentally the Storage Stability period given by the regulatory authorities remains at 12 months under normal conditions for Biodiesel mix which suggests that if you get the ingredients right the final product will have an adequate working life.I will follow up on both these items.Once again, thanks to all for supporting my attendance.RegardsGeoff Cobb
by V. Rimbault
Wednesday, 25 April 2012
Sign In

Latest SAIMechE News
Calendar

2019/03/25 » 2019/03/29
Vehicle Dynamics and Automotive Engineering 2019

2019/03/25 » 2019/03/27
HVAC Design: Level 1 - Essentials (MENA)

2019/03/28 » 2019/03/29
HVAC Design: Level 11 - Applications (MENA)

2019/07/31 » 2019/08/01
Beltcon 20

Online Surveys

Privacy Notice   ||   Terms and conditions of use