Print Page   |   Contact Us   |   Sign In   |   Apply for Membership
Community Search
SAIMechE Zululand Branch
Moderator(s):
Page 1 of 1
Thread Actions

2010/08/31 at 2:10:47 PM GMT
SAIMechE Zululand Branch
I would like to initiate discussion around the establishment of a SAIMechE Branch in Richards Bay, to serve members in the general Zululand region.  It's a long way to travel to Durban to attend meetings, and with sufficient support a Branch can be up and running very quickly.  What we need is perhaps 4 or 5 members who are prepared to form the startup committee.  We need to fill the offices of Chairman, Vice-Chairman, Treasurer and Secretary (although they can both be filled by the same person).  The Branch committee's main task is to identify and deliver benefits to branch members.  There are a number of activities used for this purpose  (presentations, dinners, visits, etc.) but the committee will make the final decision on what's considered appropriate.  The Branch can, in time, also handle membership applications and CPD activity validations, and can provide additional ways of obtaining CPD credits.

At this stage we need to hear from members in the area whether a branch will add value to their membership, and also to hear from members willing to get involved.  You won't regret the decision!

2017/10/19 at 12:19:42 PM GMT
Hi

I am interested

2018/02/26 at 8:58:56 AM GMT
Vaughan,

I was privileged to have interacted with you during your tenure as a KZN branch official. Your departure to take up the position of CEO was a great loss for us although a win for the institution. I feel it was through your caliber that the institution decided to create this position of which you were the maiden occupant.

Anyway, I wonder why this took this long. I was a regular attendee to the SAIMechE events at Natal Technikon then later at Blue Waters Hotel and now at UKZN. It was very inconvenient as most activities took place on Monday afternoons. Having to drive there and back, plus leaving work early which was not always welcomed by managers who saw no benefits in this.

Notwithstanding the above, I still feel very much strongly about the establishment of the local branch even though I have relocated to Mpumalanga Province. Also, not everybody has access or visit this site regularly. May be you must consider posting this on the Mechanical Engineer journal.

All the best.

Nhamo Zondo, Pr Tech Eng

Sign In

Latest SAIMechE News
Calendar

2019/03/25 » 2019/03/29
Vehicle Dynamics and Automotive Engineering 2019

2019/03/25 » 2019/03/27
HVAC Design: Level 1 - Essentials (MENA)

2019/03/28 » 2019/03/29
HVAC Design: Level 11 - Applications (MENA)

2019/07/31 » 2019/08/01
Beltcon 20

Online Surveys

Privacy Notice   ||   Terms and conditions of use